Volunteer Ushers - Nashua Center for the Arts - Nashua, NH
Click to Download Application
Contact Jake Crumb (firstname.lastname@example.org) to Apply!
Do you have a passion for the performing arts, or do you love providing premium customer service? If so, Spectacle Management is looking for you to join our team as an usher. In this role, you will be the first line of service between our organization and the audience members who patronize our shows. You will be responsible for ensuring each ticket holder finds the correct seat, answering questions that patrons may have, and helping to provide a great experience for all Patrons.
Department: Event Services
Reports to: House Manager and/or Event Manager
- Welcome audience members to the venue upon entrance and assist them with finding the precise location of their seats according to their ticket information.
- Use a scanning device or other handheld tool to ensure the ticket presented is an authentic credential for the specific performance scheduled.
- Resolve any conflicts as needed when audience members are in disagreement about the location of their seats or when another patron is in the wrong ticketed section.
- Aid patrons who have disabilities or other special needs in finding an appropriate seat or section for them to enjoy the show comfortably.
- Answer audience member questions when asked about the content of the show or give advice about points of interest within the venue.
- Hand out programs or other event related materials when needed.
- Enforce all venue performance rules throughout the live show, such as no flash photography, no recording, limited entry and exit and no access to restricted areas.
- Follow all emergency procedures regarding venue evacuation and know the location of all exits throughout the building.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment in your assigned area.
- Maintain a professional appearance and represent the venue in a positive light.
- Other duties as assigned by the Event and Operations team.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or its equivalency
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Strong interpersonal skills and friendly demeanor
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience working in a performance arts venue setting
- Ability to work weekends and nights
Job Type: Part-time
- Volunteer ushers are given the opportunity to enjoy some of the event if seats are available, and after their usher duties have been completed.
- Employee discount on concessions food (does not include alcohol)