Merchandise Associate - Nashua Center for the Arts (Part-Time)
Guests to our venues have a deep connection to the performers or venue they are coming to see and the best way for many of them to connect with those performers is to purchase merchandise to remember the experience for a lifetime. Merchandise Associates play an important role in fulfilling that need through premium customer service and their product knowledge.
Contact Iris Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information
Department: Event Services
Reports to: Event Manager and/or Artist Management
- Provide first class customer service to all patrons.
- Be knowledgeable on pricing, size availability, and product information.
- Sell available inventory through atVenu, Square, or by manual sale.
- Accurately handle cash or credit card transactions and reconcile cash bank at end of shift.
- Maintain accurate sale and inventory records.
- Manually count in and count out hundreds of pieces of inventory.
- Other duties as assigned by the artists’ management or event services department.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Must have excellent customer service skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities.
- Must have excellent organization skills.
- Ability to operate basic software and technology such as a tablet, credit card swipe, and Point of Sale.
- Ability to work nights and weekends for events.
- Ability to handle cash and credit card transactions.
- Ability to work and adapt to a high-paced, high-volume environment.
- Ability to lift at least 25lbs.
- High School Diploma (or GED) and above preferred.
Job Type: Part-time
Compensation: Starting rate of $15.00/hour